However, the last thing he says is..."Please note that this will only include machines in the OU specified, it you want to include computers from another OU you can simple add a “OR” expression."
Seems tedious at right? So I started looking for how to do recursive OU membership adds in SCOM. I found a bunch of stuff siting how to use custom LDAP queries, PowerShell, custom management packs. bleh...
Here's what I came up with....
- Note the highest level OU for which you want to capture all sub-systems
- Go to one of the systems in SCOM and view the properties in "Monitoring". One of the values will be "Organizational Unit" > Copy it
- Create your Dynamic Members inclusion rule
- Select "Windows Computer" > Add
- Property = "Organizational Unit"
- Operator = "Matches Wildcard"
- Value = *< OU that you copied in step 2>
Works like a charm!